Operations Manager – Full Time / Salaried
Our visionary organization is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our leadership team.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Operations Manager provides inspired leadership and day-to-day management of several key functions of the organization. They assume responsibility for the organization in the absence of the Executive Director. They participate with management to formulate and implement policies and plans to meet the organization’s short- and long-term goals. This position is located at our home office in Washington, DC. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees daily administrative functions
- Supervises Development Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager, and Program Manager
- Delegates tasks to staff and volunteers
- Develops metrics and assesses and improve the organization through data interpretation
- Helps to create and operate within the budget and financial plan
- Monitors the auditing of income and expenditures
- Monitors necessary legal and regulatory documents
- Develops, implements and reviews organizational Policies & Procedures
- Receives incoming organizational communications and triages or responds as appropriate
Operations Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Non-Profit Management or related field (MA a plus).
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information via email with a subject line of ATTN: Operations Manager.
Development Manager – Half Time / Contractor
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, along with input from the Development Committee Chair and Executive Director, the Development Manager provides leadership to the organization’s efforts to obtain financial support and to recruit/retain members. This position is located at our home office in Washington, DC. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing the annual fundraising and membership recruitment plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Managing annual member/donor campaigns
- Managing major donor campaigns
- Researching, writing and submitting grant applications
- Managing Legacy Giving / Bequest campaign
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Serve as the Business Owner of Kindful, our Donor Management System
Development Manager Qualifications:
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Three-plus years’ experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Kindful
Compensation: $35 / hr
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information via Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information via email with a subject line of ATTN: with a subject line of ATTN: Development Manager.