This award was given to Martin Sheen on November 13, 2021 at CGS’s Annual Conference.
This award recognizes individuals who are recognized as Global Citizens by the general public for their commitment to one or more of the following areas:
- An end to war and violence in the resolution of international disputes
- The elimination of nuclear weapons
- Democratic global governance
- Protection of universal human rights and freedoms
- Care of the global environment
- Embracing loyalty to our world in addition to loyalty to any one nation