The UN2020 Campaign was formed in 2017 as a convenor of global civil society to advocate for a more open, inclusive, and effective UN system and for a renewal of confidence in multilateralism and global cooperation. UN2020 is now transitioning to the Coalition for the UN We Need to support future civil society action and follow-up on the UN75 Political Declaration and the UN75 People’s Declaration and Plan for Global Action.
A new strategic plan has been drafted for 2021-2023 and includes the following objectives:
- To hold member states and the UN accountable to the promises made in the UN75 Political Declaration
- To provide a space for civil society to advance the UN75 People’s Declaration and Plan for Global Action and promote other innovations to support the evolution of the UN
- To ensure that members of the network are informed and empowered to take part in relevant UN reform processes
- To advance civil society inclusion in all levels of decision-making at the UN
- To provide thought leadership and facilitate the exchange of ideas on global governance innovation.