The US is organized as a democratic federation of states that has solved national problems peacefully for the past 156 years.
How could the world be organized to solve global problems peacefully?
This contest is sponsored by Citizens for Global Solutions, Maine Chapter, Orono, Maine
Prizes: 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $200
- Contestants must be younger than 30 years old on October 15th, 2021.
- In up to 1500 words, write on the subject, “global problems need global solutions,” arguing for the most effective, peaceful, and just way of providing global solutions.
- You may cover global problems in general, without greatly expanding on any one problem, or you may focus on one or two global problems. In either case, show how your approach would be applied to its/their solution.
- Global problems include climate change, pandemics, wars, hunger/famine, poverty, biodiversity loss, genocide, emigration/immigration crises, and many others.
- Double space your essay in 12-point font in an MS Word document.
- In the text, you may cite up to 6 literature references to support your arguments. References listed at the end do not count toward the 1500 word maximum.
- Submit by email attachments a completed entry form and your essay between October 15th and November 15th, 2021, to Lee Davis (email address below). Deadline: November 15th, 2021.
- Winners will be announced on December 15th, 2021.
For more information and an entry form: