Careers & Internships
Citizens for Global Solutions Internships
We are seeking full-time or part-time interns for a substantive and challenging experience at our Washington, D.C. headquarters. The application period is now open for our Fall 2015 Internship Program.
Citizens for Global Solutions is a groundbreaking national membership movement for Americans who want the United States to take a responsible and cooperative role in the world. Our policy areas include: human rights, climate change, international peacekeeping, nuclear nonproliferation and disarmament, international institutions and United Nations reform.
Internships are integral to the work we do. This is a unique opportunity to help build our national movement that promotes a responsible and cooperative role for the U.S. in the world, while learning first-hand about non-profit management and online advocacy.
Length and Compensation:
- Our internship term generally runs from August-December.
- Interns must be available to work at least 20 hours per week but preference will be given to those available to work full time, which is Monday through Friday from 9:30 am till 4:30 pm.
- Interns are provided with a travel stipend of $15 each day, paid bi-weekly.
We are seeking interns with interest in the following roles:
- Attend meetings with congressional staffers on Capitol Hill
- Assist the Coordinator with preparing for upcoming Lobby Day
- Assist with writing Lobby Day materials
- And other duties as assigned
To apply for any of these positions, please send applications to Internship Coordinator (email@example.com) with the name of the internship you're applying for in the subject line. Please note that any application that is incomplete will not be considered.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter: must include your availability and your tentative start and end dates
- Writing Sample: Please submit a brief 2 page writing sample. You may use an excerpt from a paper written for academic or other professional purposes, although it should ideally focus on an issue with which we are engaged. Please no cut-off writing samples.