Careers & Internships
GlobalSolutions.org is seeking research associates for its substantive and challenging internship program on Capitol Hill. Our intern program provides a unique opportunity to help build our national movement that promotes a responsible and cooperative role for the U.S. in the world, while learning first-hand about non-profit management and advocacy.
GlobalSolutions.org is a national membership movement for globally minded Americans who want to promote a responsible and cooperative U.S. foreign policy and sustainable, systemic solutions to global challenges. Our agenda includes confronting costly wars, mass atrocities, destructive climate change, dehumanizing globalization and the spread of nuclear weapons.
Length and Compensation:
- Our internship terms run from January thru May (spring), June through August (summer), and September through December (fall). Applications are accepted for each position until filled.
- Associates must be available to work at least 20 hours per week but preference will be given to those available to work full time, Monday-Friday, 9:30 am- 5:30pm.
- Associates are provided with a travel stipend of $15 per day, paid bi-weekly.
We are seeking interns with interest in the following roles:
- Work with the Campaigns Manager to develop advocacy emails, fact sheets, web content, and guest blog posts
- Assist in managing social media profiles and scheduling content
- Work with Campaigns Manager to develop and maintain campaign calendar and tasks
- Explore growth and outreach opportunities in our membership base
- Identify and engage new audiences beyond our current constituency Assist in building organizational capacity to engage our supporters
- Accompany the CEO and other staff at meetings with Congressional aides
- Assist the CEO with planning, travel logistics and other tasks
- Attend hearings and provide detailed summaries, occasionally live via social media
- Analyze the voting patterns of Congress on international issues
- Follow election campaigns and communicate with candidate election committees
- Design and develop sharable images and graphics for the GlobalSolutions.org website, social media profiles and campaign materials (Photoshop skills required)
- Work with the Development Fellow and CEO to support online and offline fundraising appeals
- Research and coordinate funding requests and reports to foundations
Responsibilities for each position will occasionally overlap as needs require. Good teamwork skills is essential in a successful associate.
All applicants should have excellent written and spoken English skills, and strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications and social media) and good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. Associates will occasionally represent GlobalSolutions.org outside the office, so good interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor are essential.
As a GlobalSolutions.org associate, one can expect to gain the following experiences which extend beyond daily responsibilities:
- Participation at meetings with partner organizations that focus on a variety of current issues within the international affairs and campaigns fields
- Opportunity to attend Congressional hearings, social events and receptions
- Access to senior staff, Board members and influencers at GlobalSolutions.org and like-minded organizations in Washington, DC.
- More focused awareness of global challenges and their interconnectedness
- Strong references for future career opportunities for high performing associates
Applications will be accepted until a position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.
To apply for any of these positions, please submit a letter of interest, résumé, dates of availability, and a 2-3 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for the Graphic Design Associate role, also include an example of or link to digital content which you have produced. Specify which role(s) most interests you in the subject line. Please note that any application that is incomplete will not be considered.